Welcome to Veritas Homeschoolers
Whether you are just beginning your homeschool journey, or are a veteran of many years, it’s important to have a network of support. Who can you call with curriculum questions? How do you find the best extra curricular activities and teachers? What about field trips and play dates? Veritas just might be the answer for you!
Veritas Homeschoolers Support Group provides opportunities to meet and network with like-minded homeschool families. Our community is spread across the East Valley – from Queen Creek to Ahwatukee, and Mesa/Tempe to Chandler/Gilbert. We have more than 50 families, with kids of all ages and a full range of homeschooling experience represented. Although Veritas Homeschoolers is a Christian organization with Christian leadership, membership is open to all those choosing to homeschool their children.
PARK DAYS – Typically fall on the first Friday of the month at a local park. These offer homeschooling moms time to relax with friends while their kids play. Occasionally, speakers or a special holiday event or activity are included. Visitors are welcome to attend one Park Day to determine whether or not they wish to join. If you would like to visit, please use our Contact page to request more information.
PICNIC in the PARK – These are held halfway through the month, and are an easy way to take a break from the school day. Most families bring their lunch and a blanket.
FIELD TRIPS and SERVICE PROJECTS – Field trips are organized by members and are offered at least once a month, but more often twice. They can be located all over the Valley and beyond. Some examples: Amazon packing warehouse, Shamrock farms, Phoenix Zoo or Botanical Garden, a firehouse, MCC Performing Arts Center, etc. While we have an ongoing service project, we offer our members additional opportunities to serve their communities throughout the year.
TEEN ACTIVITIES – Teen Maker & More Meet-Up” held once a month for teens 12+ and includes hands-on maker activities, contests and challenges, and social gatherings.
VERI-TALK – In addition to connecting in person at events, members receive support and encouragement through our member only email discussion group, Veri-Talk. It’s a great way to get advice for homeschooling, learn about curriculums, share prayer requests, and get referrals for anything and everything – piano teachers to A/C repair. Members use Veri-talk to share information about the latest homeschool events, book sales, or to schedule impromptu meetups and playdates. Veri-talk also provides members with a network of veteran homeschoolers who have graduated their kids and know the ins and outs of the high school to college/trades/life transition, and who are willing to answer questions and share their own experiences.
SERVING – Veritas is a volunteer-led organization which relies on its members to lead, organize, and coordinate activities and administrative responsibilities. While this changes what we offer from year to year, it also produces dynamic opportunities. We encourage our members to share their skills and gifts by volunteering in a designated area, or by contacting the Board with original or creative ideas.
If you are interested in joining Veritas Homeschoolers, and are currently homeschooling according to the legal definition of homeschooling in Arizona*, or schooling at home under an ESA contract, please complete the application and payment on our website. The fee for the year is $50, or if you agree to volunteer in some capacity, only $10. If you’re a pastor family the fee may be waived.
* Homeschooling for the purposes of this group is in accordance with A.R.S. 15-802. In addition parents (or legal guardians) must personally do at least 50% of the home schooling at the primary level (K-8). At the secondary level, parents must exercise exclusive control of the high school program but need not personally provide 50% of the instruction. However, they must do some of the home schooling. Note: Enrollment in a public charter school, including virtual academies, is not home schooling in accordance with A.R.S. 15-802.
Veritas Homeschoolers Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible is the inerrant, inspired Word of God and that it is our final authority in all matters.
II Timothy 3:16-17 – II Peter 1:20-21
- We believe God is a person, eternally existing as the Trinity in unity – Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit – three persons, one God.
Matthew 26:19 – I Corinthians 8:6
- We believe in Jesus’ virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and atoning death through His shed blood and His bodily resurrection.
Luke 1:30-55 – John 1:1-15
- We believe man was created in the image of God; but fell into separation from God through sin, bringing death to all men.
Genesis 2:16 – Genesis 3:16-19 – Romans 5:12 – Romans 3:10-23 – Romans 6:23
- We believe that God creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
- We believe God ordained marriage to be the union of one man and one woman.
- We believe salvation is a free gift from God for “whosoever will call upon the name of the Lord.” It is by the grace of God, through faith, not any works of any man. Salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ and His finished work.
Ephesians 2:8-9 – Acts 16:31